Saturday, February 8, 2014

Week 5

   This week, I have learnt more deeper knowledge of recursion in python both in our lectures and lab#4. At first, I think recursion is kind of annoying, because it is a little difficult for me to understand, but when I got used to it, I think it can solve many problems much easier by calling the function itself. CSC148 is quite different with CSC108, because in CSC108, we can write a program by learning from examples, however, in CSC148, we should think carefully to design a program. Therefore, we need to read more notes and examples to enrich our thought. As for myself, I think it is easier to read a code, and understand how it works, but it is difficult for me to think up a code that a question asks me, because so far, we have learnt numerous methods of python, and I do not know how to choose the correct the method to solve the problem. As a result, I know that I should review the knowledge very often both in the current lectures and the past old ones (including CSC108). This weekend, I would like to review the oriented-programming, classes, exceptions, stacks, and recursions to get well-prepared for finishing my assignment 1, and the upcoming midterm test. Also, during the reading week, I think it is necessary to watch the video lectures of CSC108 once more to consolidate the basic but important knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment